Love Every Day!
I have to admit that Richard Branson is one of my heroes. I just love his attitude and approach to everything. Here is a great quote of his: “My general attitude to life is to enjoy every minute of every day. I never do anything with a feeling of, ’Oh God, I’ve got to do this today” – Richard BransonThis is the type of attitude that will always help you on your journey through life whether that is your personal journey or financial journey.Let’s think about your attitude to money? Are you positive or stressed about money? Money is one of the most talked about topics in the world. It has started wars, ended marriages and created more stress in people’s lives than anything else in the world. And whilst we all know money can’t buy happiness, it tends to buy a lot of things we perceive creates it. Money certainly creates peace of mind. Whilst we can list many things more important than money, like health and family, few of us can live without it.Having enough money is the easiest way to have an easy and stress free-life, but how much money is enough? I often see people just scraping by on a single income of $45,000 and see another family just scraping by on $125,000. We all tend to live to the edge of our income.The more organised you are with your money, the more you will have. My 5 steps to getting more organised are:
- Know your starting position – Use your cash management system to track your budget
- Review your loan structure – The right loan to accelerate your debt reduction
- Separate your Personal & Investing lives – Use an investment pot to buffer any investment expenses
- Get your money working for you – bank your money onto your home loan and use a credit card for your spending.
- Use the Power of your Equity