Houston, we have a problem!!
…with teacher stress!
I don’t know if anyone else has noticed, but our teachers seem to be getting more and more stressed and overwhelmed! I really want to see what we can do to help.
At Think Money over 20% of our clients are teachers, some of whom have been with us for more than 6 years. In recent years, we have noticed that each time we catch up with them they are busier, and more stressed. In the last 6 months, this problem seems to have become critical!
I have never seen such a high percentage of any occupation that is in what I call ‘boiling point’ which is the top percentile of a combination of work stress, time stress and general overwhelm.
At Think Money, we deal with money so we are very used to seeing, managing and monitoring stress levels. We have developed many ways of helping people put steps in place to get things back under control, gain clarity and focus and therefore reduce stress.
Often, just knowing someone understands helps. However, when you are in full blown stress and feeling overwhelmed, it is very hard to see the forest for the trees and to recognise how to claw your way back out of the darkness.
Some things teachers have said to us include:
- “We love the kids and care so much, but all of the extra things we now have to do are sucking up every spare minute and every ounce of energy I have.”
- “The amount of reporting and computer work has more than doubled over the past year or two.”
- “I just get no time to have a life or focus on the important things for me, like my money and future. When I finally get my work done, I have no time or energy for anything else.”
- “I just don’t know how I am going to get my money organised and I am worried about how I am going to retire.”
- “Teachers are aging because the young ones coming in just don’t want to put up with the stress and pressure.”
- “What we see happen to some kids just break our hearts, yet there is not a lot we can do, this and all of the other emotional stuff we deal with just adds more and more to our feeling of powerlessness.”
There used to be one or two teachers turning up looking tired and stressed, and others seemed fine, but that isn’t the case anymore. It seems to be nearly 100% of our teachers are reaching crisis point.
I am really worried!
I know from teachers who have received the support and strategies to get their money under control, who have used our lifestyle and wellness program to ease the pressure and their mindset has given them more confidence for the future and has taken some of the pressure off.
By combining Think Money’s existing mindset and wealth education with specific direction of the needs for teachers, I am launching this powerful program designed specifically to assist teachers.
The program will cover:
- Life Mastery
- Time Mastery
- Mindset Mastery
- Money Mastery
- Retirement and Wealth Mastery.
I hope you can make it on Saturday the 10th of August for this empowering event! Fill in the form below to book.
Refreshments will be served.