Dependable Mortgage Broker Services on the Sunshine Coast
Whether you’re buying your first home, slowly building a property portfolio, or looking to refinance your existing property, finding the right finance deal can be exhausting, and frustrating. You may have been with – and trust – the same financial institution for years. They may even have given you your first home loan. But that doesn’t mean they’ll have the best deal for you now.
Using the services of a mortgage broker is a convenient way to find and compare multiple home finance offers to find the one that most closely matches your needs, and your abilities. And with mortgage brokers being responsible for more than half the home loans in Australia, you know it’s a wise choice to make.
What you can expect a mortgage broker to do
A mortgage broker is a specialist financial adviser, with their area of expertise being home loans. While a mortgage broker doesn’t offer home loans, they do act as an intermediary between you – the homebuyer – and lenders offering home finance.
At Think Money, our mortgage broker services include first analysing your financial status. This is an important and necessary step which allows us to establish your credit worthiness, and the type of home loan suitable for you.
Home loans are not a one-size-fits-all product, and neither is our service.
Once we have a clear understanding of your means, and the type of home loan that would suit you, we switch to engaging with multiple financial institutions to find a range of options for you. While we typically don’t consult with all the home loan providers on the market, we focus on those more aligned with your requirements.
We like to understand the goals of our clients, so that we can offer individualised advice, and help you make the right choice.
As a leading Sunshine Coast mortgage broker, we will help with the management of your application, from the paperwork, through to following up on queries, and more.
What makes us the most dependable mortgage brokers the Sunshine Coast has to offer?
We understand our position as mortgage brokers. We’re an intermediary or bridge between homebuyers and home loan providers; but we’re also a financial adviser to you. We don’t simply help you find a home loan, we help you find a range of home loans tailored to your circumstances and needs. And we do this for first-time homebuyers, and experienced homebuyers.
- We provide honest and reliable advice to first-time homebuyers, and anyone lacking in confidence in dealing with financial institutions and the mortgage industry.
- Experienced homebuyers depend on us to save them time by finding the best home loan solution, and managing the application process.
- We’re industry veterans who can always be depended on to find you the best mortgage deal that perfectly matches your needs, and is accommodating to your situation.
We’re dependable because we’ve been doing this for years. Chris Childs, Think Money’s founder, has more than 20 years of experience in the mortgage and finance industry, and in the investment property market. She holds several industry licences, memberships to AFG and COSL, and is a five time winner of the “Best in Business” award.
We actively encourage our customers to do a bit of preparation before meeting with us, and to freely ask relevant questions while using our services. These include:
- Personal research never hurts. You can always expect us to explain the different types of loans, and other matters related to loans, without using industry jargon. But knowing some of the terms you may encounter in advance will also help, as will a little bit of understanding of the lending market based on the current state of the local and global economy.
- Ask us which lenders we engage with and typically use, and definitely don’t be shy about asking about our broker fees and commissions. It is not privileged information, and aids in transparency.
- Put together a rough assessment of your current financial situation and mortgage needs. We will do a full analysis with you, but doing your own assessment also helps avoid leaving any important information out.
- Ask questions about your options. Once you understand your needs and abilities, we will be able to discuss possible options with you. And once we have engaged with different lenders on your behalf, we will be able to present you with a range of options. Ask questions about these at all times so you fully understand them, and why any we recommended are better suited to your needs.
- Ask for all details in writing. This includes a full breakdown of commissions, fees, included products, and recommendation reasons. This allows you to analyse and assess everything yourself, in your own time, and possibly come back to us with new questions. Which we will always be happy to answer. Most of this information is included in a key facts sheet, but you can ask for any information not already listed int this too.
- If you’re investigating refinancing, get a full breakdown of the costs. Sometimes switching your mortgage to a new lender could be more financially beneficial than standard refinancing.
- We will guide you into only submitting applications for loans that are affordable for you, offer you a great deal, and meet most – if not all – of your needs. We’ll also help ensure you don’t submit too many applications, since this can be detrimental to your credit rating.
- Ask us about our credentials. We have shared some of these already, but are only too happy to discuss them in detail, including what industry bodies we are members of, and what these mean for you. This includes bodies that manage dispute resolution, and what process you can follow should you have any complaints.
Being the most dependable Sunshine Coast mortgage broker comes not only from our wealth of experience, but our willingness to be open and honest, and to forge a solid relationship with all our clients.
Call me today to discuss how to start…