Australian Property Investment Course
Property investment as a path to wealth creation has been the consistent choice among Australians for years, outperforming other wealth creation strategies by a large margin. It isn’t an easy path, but having a strong property investment education that favours realistic challenges rather than idealistic outcomes will help.
At Think Money, our primary goal is teaching people about wealth creation – or financial security – through property investment, and debt reduction or management. Debt reduction is important when you are close to spending everything you earn, without any savings in place, while debt management happens when you start using debt to make money, through investing in property.
On the Think Money website we share a wealth of information on all of this, but there is more value to be found in becoming a registered member. Initial registration is free, and gives you access to some new resources, and a sneak peak at the tools and resources available to paid members.
The backbone of the Think Money property investment course is the Wealth Retreat, an event held several times each year. Each Wealth Retreat includes a new masterclass presented by Chris Childs, which helps you learn about property investment.
Members not living on the Sunshine Coast, or unable to attend any of the Wealth Retreats don’t miss out, as at the start of each year all the previous year’s masterclasses are added to a growing list of videos exclusively available to paid members.
Past topics in the masterclass series include:
- Why Property? – Answering the big WHY: why invest in property, and what makes it different to other investment strategies.
- The Keys To Success – There are important strategies to follow in making any investment a success. Chris has been investing in property for more than 10-years, and here she reveals some of the strategies she has learned – and gained from – in that time.
- Timing The Market – Timing is important in many spheres of life. Learn about the cyclical nature of property prices, with highs and lows influencing both buying and selling. There’s also the matter of timing the market versus time in the market.
- Building Your Portfolio – The rate at which you build your portfolio won’t be the same as the next person, for many different reasons. But there are ways to naturally speed up the rate, without jeopardising your financial security.
- Investor Finance Platform – How to find the right finance platform for your investment strategy.
- Building And Maintaining A Property Portfolio – This masterclass builds on the previous property portfolio masterclass, with more advice and strategies for building and maintaining a healthy property portfolio.
- Property Outside The Square – Do you invest where everybody else is investing, or do you look for emerging investment opportunities?
- Renovation Success – It’s not always easy telling an eyesore from something that just needs a little TLC. Renovating a property will increase the value, but it is also possible to overcapitalise through renovation.
- Advanced Property Strategies – This is a masterclass series, so why shouldn’t the strategies become more advanced as your property investment education progresses?
- Managing Your Holding Costs – Not to be confused with acquisition costs, holding costs are what you have to pay from your own pocket each month for each property in your portfolio. Even if you have paying tenants in each property, the rent from each won’t necessarily be covering all the costs. These could include rates, interest on the load, and body corporate fees.
- Buying Entities – The advantages and disadvantages of buying investment property in your own name versus a specially set up entity.
- Wealthy ‘N’ Wise – A roundup of some of the previous masterclass sessions, with the addition of debt reduction and management strategies to benefit anyone.
- Myths, Lies And Lawyers – A look at when and why lawyers are an important part of property investment, along with some common myths – and outright lies – about property investment.
- Misinformation in the Media – what they say, and what actually happens.
Paid members also receive access to the property wealth toolbox. Launched in 2015, the Midas Touch Toolbox includes valuable software designed to help you manage your personal budget, along with budgeting and costing tools for managing your property investments portfolio. Not to mention the brand new My Big Money Goal and the Think Budget app.
The Midas Touch program and the Wealth Retreats are great tools for anyone looking to learn about property investment, or those who have already started following this route to wealth creation, but would like to advance their property investment education. If you’re still not sure if a paid membership to Think Money is right for you, why not give us a call and we will be happy to discuss the program with you in detail, and answer any questions you have.
Call me today to discuss how to start…